Padraic Keane joined the firm in 2006, and has practiced before state and federal courts and governmental agencies in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. Padraic has experience defending individual and corporate clients in a variety of subject areas, including business and intellectual property disputes, libel, workers' compensation defense, premises liability, and professional liability. His practice includes appellate representation in state and federal courts.
Antoine v. J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, 757 F. Supp. 2d 19 (D.D.C. 2010) (FDCPA matter)
Hill v. Abercrombie & Fitch, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 107585 (D. Md. Sept. 20, 2011) (civil rights; Twombly motion)
Farrow v. J. Crew Group, Inc., 12 A.3d 28 (D.C. 2011) (premises liability - trip and fall)
Taylor v. Royal Ahold NV, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9143 (E.D. Va. 2017)
McLeod v. Northwestern Comm. Svc. Bd., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 45947 (W.D. Va. 2019)
Access Limousine Serv. v. Service Insurance Agency, LLC, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 128297 (D. Md. 2017)
Hicks v. Giant Landover, 2019 Va. App. LEXIS 130 (2019)
Cawlo v. Rose Hill Reserve Homewner’s Ass’n, et al., 2020 Va. Cir. LEXIS 503 (2020) (professional liability)
Calloway v. Taylor, et al., 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 170709 (W.D. Va. 2020) (attorney malpractice)
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of multinational retail corporation in matter alleging negligent lighting and design in historic building in Georgetown.
- Obtained directed verdict at trial regarding premises liability claim filed by contractor.
- Representation of landowners in suits arising out of fires caused by overcrowding by unauthorized tenants.
- Obtained dismissal of intellectual property action on behalf of Fortune 500 company in state and federal court.
- Representation of attorneys, insurance producers, and other professionals in state and federal court.
- Representation of nightclub in lawsuit arising out of alleged brawl following celebrity event.
- Representation of homeowners associations in various matters involving cooperative and condominium communities.
- Representation of entertainment entities in lawsuits filed by unruly patrons.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of national furniture chain in product liability matter.
- Obtained defense verdict on behalf of national clothing retailer in lawsuit filed by suspected shoplifter.
- Representation of educational association in defamation lawsuit in federal court.
- Representation of employers of all sizes in Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia workers' compensation matters.
- Representation of vacation rental companies in premises liability matters.